This Document will describe how to uninstall and test your knock sensors for proper operation. They are a very important part of the engine management system and if found to be faulty, the engine management will put the engine in a safe running made known as a limp mode. This is done by the engine control unit in order to protect the engine from harm such as burning of valves and things like that.
1. REMOVE AIR INTAKE CHAMBER ASSEMBLY.
2. REMOVE INTAKE MANIFOLD ASSEMBLY.
3. REMOVE THE SENSORS.
- Disconnect the knock sensor connectors.
- Using SST (09816-30010), remove the 2 knock sensors.
4. INSPECT THE SENSORS.
- Using an ohmmeter, check that there is no continuity between terminal and body.
- If there is continuity, replace the sensor.
5. REINSTALL THE SENSOR.
- Using SST (09816-30010), install the 2 sensors.
Torque: 44 Nm (33 ft.lb)